Skip to content
5 Ways to Make Your Employees Feel Safe
- Provide personal protective equipment to your employees such as masks, gloves, etc. Even if it is not mandatory for them to wear them, making it an option for them will help alleviate the fear in some of your employees.
- Have a detailed infectious disease plan outlining what employees should do if they feel they have been exposed or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. This is helpful for both the employees and the employer as it gives the employees the benefit of knowing what steps to take and what will happen if they start showing symptoms. Plus it gives the employer a guideline to follow in the event an employee shows symptoms or becomes ill.
- Communicate with your employees. Tell them the additional measures you are doing for their safety. Just as important as implementing the additional cleaning and safety measures, communicate with your employees what you are doing. This will not only give them peace of mind that things are being done; it will also let them know that you value their health and safety.
- Ensure your business is frequently being cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected by a professional cleaning company.
- Be empathetic. Not everyone shares the same views about how to handle the pandemic or how to recover from the pandemic. Don’t use a “one size fits all” approach. Talk with your employees, see what their fears are and develop a plan that takes everyone into account. You can’t always make everyone happy but you can make most of them happy!